Find out if your garment can be bleached safely.
The fact is that bleach does things that detergent alone can’t. It disinfects and it breaks down stains so the detergent can come in and wash them away.
When used as directed, bleach extends the life of your clothes by keeping them clean and white longer.
Another interesting bleach fact: despite what some clothing care labels may lead you to believe, most all white garments and many colored garments can safely be bleached.
To find out if a garment is bleachable or not, do this quick and easy Bleachability Test:
- Add 1½ teaspoons Clorox® Concentrated Regular-Bleach to ¼ cup water.
- Apply a drop to a hidden area of the item in question, like a seam, hemline or cuff.
- Wait one minute then blot with towel.
- If there's no color change, use Clorox® Concentrated Regular-Bleach.
- If there's a color change, use Clorox 2® Stain Fighter & Color Booster (Liquid).
Avoid bleaching wool, silk, mohair, leather, spandex and non-fast colors.